|PORTER BRIDGE: Constructed by the towns of Porter
and Parsonsfield in 1876, the bridge is located off Route
160, 0.5 miles south of Porter, spanning the Ossipee River.
BABB'S BRIDGE: Maine's oldest covered bridge was
constructed in 1843. Situated off the River Road, 2.5 miles
north of South Windham, and 0.5 miles west surrounded by
the towns of Windham and Gorham above the Presumpscot River.
Destroyed by fire in 1973, it has been rebuilt since that
HEMLOCK BRIDGE: Constructed in 1857; situated off
Route 302 three miles northwest of East Fryeburg in Fryeburg
atop an old canal of the Saco River. Its formation is of
Paddleford truss with supporting wooden arches.
SUNDAY RIVER BRIDGE: One of the most photographed
and painted admired covered bridges in Maine, known as
"The Artist's Bridge", constructed in 1872. It
is situated off Routes 26 and 2, about four miles northwest
of North Bethel in Newry, above the Sunday River.
LOVEJOY BRIDGE: The shortest bridge in Maine, constructed
above the Ellis River beside the town of Andover, built
in 1883. Located off Route 5 at South Andover, this formation
is of Paddleford truss and is about 70 feet long.
LOW'S BRIDGE: This bridge was initially constructed
in 1857. It's situated off Routes 6 and 15, three quarters
of a mile east and one mile north of Sangerville. It's
located between the towns of Sangerville and Guilford,
atop the Piscataquis River. The bridge was washed away
by a flood in April 1987, and was recreated in 1990.
BENNETT BRIDGE: A relatively young bridge constructed
in 1901 over the Magalloway River. It's situated off Route
16, one mile west of the fire station and grange hall in
ROBYVILLE BRIDGE: This is the only covered bridge
in Maine that is entirely shingled. Constructed in 1876,
it is situated off Route 15 in Robyville Village in the
town of Corinth. It's located about three miles northwest
of Kenduskeag Village over the Kenduskeag Stream.
WATSON SETTLEMENT BRIDGE: This bridge is the furthest
north and the newest covered bridge in Maine. It was built
in 1911 and is situated off Route 1 on the way to Woodstock
from Littleton, atop the Meduxnekeag Stream in Littleton.